Covid-19 Terms and Conditions:
In line with Covid-19 Government Guidance, do not enter the complex and attend lessons if you or your child/children has:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change to sense of smell or taste
We advise you to stay at home and self-isolate in line with Government Guidelines.
- Please arrive ‘Beach Ready’. The changing rooms will be open but the showers and hairdryers will not be available. If for medical/disability reasons you need to use a shower, this must first be communicated to Paul or Melissa so that we can advise the centre.
- Follow the One-Way system when in the building.
- Use hand sanitisation points throughout the complex.
- We will be teaching out of the water. New equipment has been purchased to facilitate this. If in our opinion we need a parent/someone in the same household bubble to assist in the water we will advise you of this.
- Parents/Carers will not be able to spectate on poolside unless there is a medical reason to do so. If this is the case, you must inform Paul or Melissa so that we can clear it with the centre. A seating area will be available outside of the pool on the hard standing area at the shallow end, with seats positioned at specific points to ensure social distancing is maintained. Please use the disinfectant sprays provided to wipe down your seat before use. The Café on site will be available to all for dine-in or take-out.
- After the lesson please minimise time in the changing room and leave the complex as soon as possible and take a shower at home.
By paying for your child’s swimming lessons, it will be deemed that you will comply with the above Terms & Conditions. As you can appreciate as guidelines change, we will have to vary the Terms & Conditions, but any change will be communicated via the website.
Due to social distancing, and teachers now teaching from the side, we may require an adult (from within a child’s social bubble) to assist the younger/weaker swimmers in the water in our lessons. This is to enable everyone to be included in the lessons in a safe manner, where they will progress and also enjoy the water. Children and adults will still be distanced throughout the lesson so nobody will come into close contact with any other person, whilst undertaking their lessons.
Personal and Sensitive Information
In compliance with the GDPR from May 2018, your information will be kept secure on the password protected company tablet and that it is used only in connection with the purpose and activities of the school. Information will not be kept once a person is no longer a member of the school and will be removed from the tablet within 6 weeks of them leaving the school. The information will be disclosed only to Elite School of Swimming staff and for whom it is appropriate. Due to the nature of swimming lessons we need to hold medical information and emergency contact details for you to have swimming lessons with us. Phone numbers and messages may be kept on the company password-protected phone.
All fees must be paid by the start date of a term or half term. Swimmers will not be allowed to participate in any swimming lessons until the fees are paid. Fees may be paid by cash or cheque at the desk on poolside or via BACs transfer. Please be advised that from the Autumn term starting in September 2018 we will require payment before the last date of the previous term. The reason we are having to do this is that parents/carers are not informing us if their child no longer requires the space for the following term. This causes a delay in starting children on our waiting list and is fairer for parents of children waiting for a slot in our classes.
Cancellations and refund policy
Group courses: Once a course of lessons has been paid for, no refund is permitted in the event of cancellation by the parent/carer. Exceptional circumstances for a full or partial refund will be considered by the Company and the Company Directors decision will be final.
In the event of a group lesson being cancelled by the company, an alternative day will be offered to the entire class for a “catch-up” lesson. Alternatively, if this is not possible a credit for the lesson which has been cancelled will be offered at the discretion of Elite School of Swimming.
Refunds for group lessons due to Covid-19 will only be given if the Swim School is unable to operate. If a child is unable to swim due to Covid-19 symptoms or having to self isolate, no refund can be given as the Swim School will have to continue, and the costs involved with operating need to be met.
Adverse Weather Conditions
Unfortunately, in this country, we are often on the receiving end of some really bad weather. Heavy rain, gale force winds, snow, ice, etc! This can sometimes result in a pool being closed because the operator’s staff can’t get to work. If this happens, we will let you know with as much notice as possible. A credit will be applied to your account or if possible a catch-up lesson will be offered. But if the pool is open, our lessons should go ahead. In this case we won’t be able to credit any missed lessons if you decide not to come.
Elite School of Swimming provides every swimmer with a Medical Form. It is attached to the swimmer registration documents. This form must be completed and signed declaring any known medical conditions and returned to Elite School of Swimming. If the swimmer is under 16 years of age their parent or guardian should complete the medical form on their behalf.
Adult swimmers, parents and carers of swimmers under 16, are reminded that it is their responsibility to supply medical information to Elite School of Swimming. This information must be updated when there are any changes to a swimmer’s medical condition.
Elite School of Swimming will not accept liability for the loss of or damage to any personal effects brought by a swimmer to any session and you are therefore requested to ensure that no valuable items are brought to the swimming lessons.
Swimmers, parents, guardians, siblings or all other associates, must observe the club entry rules and respect all other club rules whilst in the club. Club staff shall retain the right to refuse admission. It is imperative that swimmers are on poolside no more than 5 minutes before the commencement of each lesson and (in the case of child swimmers) should be collected from the pool no more than 5 minutes after the lesson has ended. No child will be released until they are collected by an appointed responsible adult. The responsible adult must remain in the club premises for the duration of the lesson. No refund or “catch-up lesson” will be offered by Elite School of Swimming where a child fails to attend or is refused permission to attend any sessions unless with the prior agreement with Elite School of Swimming.
Elite School of Swimming, only work with Independent Swimming Teachers who are fully qualified, insured.
Elite School of Swimming will endeavour to provide consistency with teachers on a week to week basis for the instruction of Group Lessons. The suitability and subsequent appointment of a teacher shall be at the absolute discretion of Elite School of Swimming at all times. Should a teacher start to teach a course but fail to complete the full course of lessons, which have been paid for, this will not constitute grounds for full or part refund of fees as long as Elite School of Swimming find a suitable replacement teacher to teach the remainder of the course. Should Elite School of Swimming not be able to find a suitable replacement teacher, a credit will be offered towards the cost of a future course once a suitable teacher has been found. It remains at the absolute discretion of Elite School of Swimming to offer the alternative of a refund in such circumstances.
In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling or other associate refusing to obey an instruction from a member of staff, or behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff, or any other person or causing damage to pool premises, or any of the furniture fixtures or equipment in those premises the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with the lessons. Elite School of Swimming shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer and the swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organised by Elite School of Swimming.
Condition of pool premises
Whilst Elite School of Swimming will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the condition of the pool premises including the changing rooms, washing facilities, the pool and poolside area are in suitable condition, they do not accept liability for any injury to a swimmer which may be caused by any defect and further advise that any claim arising from such a defect must be addressed to the proprietors of the pool premises.
Transmission of infections
Any swimmer known to be or found to be suffering from any infectious ailment or condition will not be allowed to participate in the lesson and it is the responsibility of each swimmer or (in the case of a child swimmer) the parent or guardian of the swimmer to ensure that the swimmer is fit and well enough to participate. Elite School of Swimming will not accept liability for any infection passed to a swimmer by another swimmer on the course or in the pool.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- No swimmer should enter the Pool Area without a member of Elite School of Swimming staff being already present.
- There must be no food or drink in any of the pool facilities. Swimmers, siblings, parents and guardians are expected to observe Fitness at Gurnard’s no smoking policy.
- No outdoor shoes are to be worn on poolside. If you wish to speak to your child’s swimming teacher please either remove shoes and socks or put on shoe covers provided, before you go onto poolside. This clause is in accordance with Fitness at Gurnard’s own health and safety policy which allows for no exceptions.
- It is forbidden under all circumstances to use mobile phones and/ or audio visual equipment in the changing rooms. Signs clearly state this policy. It is forbidden under normal circumstances to use mobile phones and/or audio visual equipment whilst on poolside. No mobile phones and/ or audio visual equipment of any kind are allowed during swimming lessons.
- Parents should observe lessons from the far side of poolside away from the lessons, this stops distractions and also keeps the noise level down to allow children to learn.
Elite School of Swimming and the pool owners cannot accept any responsibility for any incident that was the sole responsibility of the swimming teacher in charge of the class or lesson in which the incident occurred. Full liability, in such cases, is with the teacher delivering the lesson.
School swimming lessons
Price on application. Please email Melissa on email@example.com or contact us via the form.
Website designed by Barber Design IOW